Prep time: 15
Cook time: 45
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Red Bean Porridge :
- 1/2 cup red kidney beans
- water as required
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 1/4 cup rice flour
- salt as required
- 2 pinches black pepper
How to Cook Red Bean Porridge :
- Take a large bowl, add enough water and red beans in it. Wash the beans thoroughly and drain water. Transfer beans to a small bowl and pat dry them. Take a saucepan, add 2 cups of water and heat it over medium flame. When water starts to boil, add beans in pan. Boil them over medium flame until beans are tender.
- Remove from flame and set it aside to cool. When beans are warm enough to handle, place a coarse strainer over a large container and pour cooked beans into the strainer. Take a spoon and mash the beans so that they squeeze through the strainer.
- Transfer the bean mixture to a deep pan and keep it aside. Take a medium bowl and add a cup of rice flour in it. Sprinkle salt and sugar in the bowl and pour boiled water in it. Knead the mixture to form a soft dough. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and set it aside.
- Heat the bean mixture over medium flame for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, take a small portion of dough in your palm and make a small rice ball. Repeat to make the remaining rice balls. Sprinkle some rice flour if they get sticky. When bean mixture starts to boil, gently drop rice balls in pan.
- Stir to mix the ingredients well and cover pan with a lid. Simmer for 10 minutes until porridge thickens. Season well with salt and black pepper powder. Remove from flame, transfer to a serving bowl and serve hot.