Prep time: 30
Cook time: 50
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Rava Onion Cheela :
- 1 cup semolina
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 chopped green chillies
- 3 Tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- 1/4 Teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 pinch red chilli powder
- 1 pinch turmeric
- salt as required
- 1 1/2 cup water
- refined oil as required
How to Cook Rava Onion Cheela :
- Take 1 cup of fine semolina or sooji in a bowl and then add a cup of water in it. Mix well all and allow the batter to rest for about 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, rava will absorb much of the water and will soften. Then, add all the remaining ingredients in the batter excepting the oil and the remaining 1/4 cup water, mix once again. Now, add the remaining water again and stir to mix once again. By now, the semolina batter should have a slightly medium-thick consistency.
- Now, to prepare the rava chilla, put a pan on medium flame and heat oil in it. Once the oil is hot enough, lower the flame and take a ladle full of the batter and gently spread the batter on the pan in circular motion to make small to medium chillas. Make sure you lower the flame while you pour and spread the chilla batter, otherwise you won’t be able to spread the batter easily. Just lightly spread the batter to a neat round shape.
- Don’t try to spread too much as the chillas will break, let the sooji chilla cook on a low to medium flame. When the top of the chilla looks cooked, then sprinkle a little oil on the sides and top.