Prep time: 50
Cook time: 65
Serves: 8 People
Ingredients for Rattan Manjusha :
- 750 gm spinach
- 350 gm paneer
- 2 tablespoon refined oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper powder
- 2 tablespoon corn flour
- 8 mushroom morel
- 60 gm oyster mushroom
- 60 gm button mushroom
- 4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 10 gm ginger
- 2 green chilli
- 1 tablespoon sage
- 1 teaspoon powdered black pepper
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 3 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 3 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 2 cup tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 3 tablespoon cashew nut paste
- 1/2 teaspoon green cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon black cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon clove powder
- 1/8 teaspoon powdered cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon mace powder
- 1 pinch dried fenugreek leaves
- 2/4 cup fresh cream
- salt as required
- 12 almonds
How to Cook Rattan Manjusha :
- To prepare this delicious dish, we will start with preparing the spinach and panner mixture. First, take a wok and place it on medium flame. Then, pour and heat oil in it. Once the oil is hot enough, add cumin seeds and stir until they crackle. Now, add garlic and saute until its colour becomes golden-brown. Next, add spinach along with panner and stir fry until the moisture is completely evaporated. Then, turn off the flame and let the mixture cool down. Once the mixture has cooled down, add white pepper powder and cornflour. Also, add salt as required and mix well. Now divide the mixture in 12 equal portions and keep aside for a while.
- Now, we will prepare the mushroom filling. First, wash and clean morels, oyster, button mushrooms properly to remove grit and earthly base . Then, soak the morel mushrooms in lukewarm water for next 15 minutes. Now, chop all the 3 types of mushrooms into pieces and keep aside for a while. Make sure you remove the stems of morel mushrooms.
- Now, take a medium sized non-stick pan and place it on low flame. Then, add brown sugar along with lemon juice in the pan and stir until the mixture becomes like a smooth syrup. Make sure that the mixture does not become hard.
- Next, add the chopped mushrooms(step 2) in the same pan and cook until the moisture has evaporated partially. Then, add ginger along with green chillies and stir for a while. Now, keep aside for a while and let the mixture cool down.
- Meanwhile, gently crush the sage leaves with the help of your palms. Once the mixture cools down, add the crushed leaves in the pan. Also, add salt and pepper as required. Mix well and then divide the mixture in 12 equal portions.
- Now, to prepare the kofta balls. First, take 1 portion out of 12 portions of the spinach and paneer mixture mixture(step 1). Then, roll and flatten it between your palms. Next, place a portion of prepared mushroom filling(step 5) in between and make a ball from it. Similarly, make round balls with remaining mixture and filling.
- Next, take a large sized deep bottomed pan and place it on medium flame. Now, pour and heat good amount of oil in it. Once the oil is hot enough, deep fry the kofta balls(step 6) in it from all the sides properly until they become golden-brown in colour. Then, transfer them on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Next, to prepare the gravy. First, take a small sized bowl and add 7 tablespoons of water in it. Now, add ginger paste and garlic paste in the bowl and keep aside for next 5 minutes. Meanwhile, take a large sized non-stick pan and place it on medium flame. Then, melt butter in the pan and add dissolved ginger paste, garlic paste in it. Stir well until the moisture evaporates completely. Once done, add tomato puree along with red chilli powder and cashew nut paste in it. Stir for next 4-5 minutes. Then, add green cardamom along with black cardamom, clove powder, cinnamon powder, mace powder, fenugreek leaves in it and mix well. Also, add salt and pepper as required. Now, turn the flame to low heat and pour most of the cream in the the pan. Stir for next 2-3 minutes and then turn the flame off.
- Now, to prepare the garnishing. First, take a small sized pan and place it on medium heat. Then, pour and heat remaining cream in it. Now, add almonds and stir for next 30 seconds. Keep aside.
- Lastly, take a serving dish and transfer the prepared gravy(step 8) in it. Neatly arrange the kofta balls(step 7) over the gravy. Garnish with almond-cream mixture and serve hot.