Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Rasam :
- 100 Gram Toor dal
- 100 Gram Tomatoes
- 500 Ml Water
- 25 Gram Tamarind
For rasam powder:
- 10 Gram Peppercorns
- 10 Gram Cumin seeds
- 10 Gram Coriander seeds
- 3 Gram Red chillies
- 30 Ml Oil
- 3 Gram Mustard seeds
- 2 Gram Curry leaves
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 10 sprigs Gram Coriander leaves
How to Cook Rasam :
- Crush garlic and chop tomatoes.
- Soak the tamarind and extract the pulp.
- Roast the ingredients for the powder and grind until fine.
- Boil the dal with tomatoes till the lentils are mashed and set aside.
- Heat oil and add mustard seeds, leave until it crackles.
- Add the crushed garlic, curry leaves and the coriander leaves.
- Mix the dal and water to get the required rasam consistency.
- Mix in the tamarind pulp. Add the rasam powder.
- Boil for 5 minutes on a low flame.