Prep time: 10
Cook time: 20
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Pumpkin Kheer :
- 400 gm grated,peeled,diced pumpkin
- 7 finely chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 3 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon shredded saffron
- 3 drops rose water
- 4 cup milk
How to Cook Pumpkin Kheer :
- Boil the diced pumpkin pieces in a pressure cooker with 2 cups of water after deseeding the sticky parts and wait for the pieces to become tender enough!
- Meanwhile, powder the cardamom, nutmeg and other cashews that will be used for seasoning the kheer. Allow the cooker to release the pressure naturally . Drain the extra water out and place the boiled pumpkins in a separate bowl.
- Mash the boiled pumpkins with a spoon into a thick paste.
- Add milk to a deep pan and bring it to a boil and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes on low-medium flame. Keep stirring it occasionally to ensure that it does not stick to the bottom and corners of the pan. When the milk is thickened, add the mashed pumpkin and let it simmer for at least 5 minutes. Allow the mixture to thicken bu boiling.
- Now, add sugar and mix it well. Let it simmer for another 5-7 minutes. Once done, add green cardamom powder and crushed cashews and mix well. . Check the consistency of kheer, if is thick and smooth, then it is ready to serve. Garnish it saffron strands or a few drops of rose water as per taste and serve.