Prep time: 10
Cook time: 40
Serves: 2 People
Ingredients for Pumpkin And Apple Halwa :
- 1 Kg Pumpkin (diced), peeled
- 1 kg Apples (cored and diced), peeled
- Cinnamon sticks
- 2 tsp Butter/oil/pure ghee
- 150 ml Water
- 150 gram Grain sugar
- 4 tbsp Butter/oil/pure ghee
- 50 gram Raisins
- 2 tbsp Coconut (grated), roasted
- 2 tbsp Almonds (flaked), roasted
How to Cook Pumpkin and Apple Halwa :
- Place pumpkin, water and cinnamon in a saucepan.
- Cover and cook until tender.
- Drain and mash pumpkin.
- In a separate pan melt 2 tsp butter.
- Add apples.
- Cover and cook over low, flame until soft.
- Mash apples and mix them with pumpkin.
- In a large pan, heat 4 tbsp of oil.
- Add pumpkin and apple, keep stirring continuously.
- Allow the puree to thicken and darken, cook for about 10 minutes. Add sugar.
- Continue cooking until the halwa reduces to a deep amber and glossy mixture.
- Serve hot decorated with assorted dried fruits with shredded browned coconut atop.