Prep time: 5
Cook time: 20
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Pudina Rice :
- 2 cups long grained rice-cleaned and soaked for an hour
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 2 Tbsp paste of mint leaves
- A few drops of lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp oil
How to Cook Pudina Rice :
- In a heavy bottomed sauce pan, heat the oil and add the cumin seeds.
- Add the onions and saute till transparent but not brown.
- Add rice and mint paste and turn around a few times before adding 3 cups of water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, sprinkle a few drops of lemon juice, cover the pan and lower the heat.
- The rice should be ready in 10 minutes.