Prep time: 10
Cook time: 30
Serves: 3 People
Ingredients for Pudina Aloo :
- 3 medium potatoes
- 2.5 teaspoons vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 green chili
- ¼ teaspoon hing
- ¼ teaspoon dry mango powder
- garam masala powder
For the mint paste :
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ¼ cup coriander or cilantro
- ½ inch ginger piece
How to Cook Pudina Aloo :
- Boil 3 medium size potatoes. Peel and cut into cubes. Set aside.
- In a food processor add fresh mint leaves, coriander leaves and ginger.
- Add few teaspoons of water to grind to a paste. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Once hot, add cumin seeds and let them crackle.
- Add chopped green chili and asafoetida (hing) and saute for few seconds.
- Add the prepared mint paste and cook for a minute.
- Dump in the boiled cubed potatoes, toss so that they all covered with the mint paste.
- Add salt, dry mango powder (amchur) and mix till well combined. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle garam masala powder on top and remove pan from heat.
- Garnish with some mint leaves and serve hot.