Prep time: 15
Cook time: 40
Serves: 2 People
Ingredients for Prawn Biryani :
- 300 Gram Prawns (shelled, cleaned and washed)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ginger and garlic paste
- 1/2 Cup Onion paste
- 1/4 tsp Garam masala
- 1 Cup Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Cream
- 2 Tbsp Coriander leaves, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Onions (oil to pan fry), fried
- 1 Cup Rice (boiled till almost done)
How to Cook Prawn Biryani :
- Mix the turmeric, chilli powder, salt, ginger, garlic, onion, garam masala and 1/2 cup yogurt and marinate the prawns in it, for half an hour.
- Then heat the oil and saute the prawn mixture in it over high heat, till brown.
- Take off the heat and mix in the rest of the yogurt, cream, coriander and half the fried onions.
- Place half the rice in a greased pan in a layer.
- Add the prawn mixture in a layer over this and cover with the rest of the rice.
- Seal the pan and place over low heat for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve hot.