Prep time: 10
Cook time: 35
Serves: 5 People
Ingredients of Potato Gnocchi Pasta :
- 500 gm potato
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup sage
How to Cook Potato Gnocchi Pasta :
- To prepare potato gnocchi pasta, bake the potatoes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit until they become fork tender. After the potatoes turn soft, take them out of the oven and split them immediately. Mash the potatoes and season it with salt.
- Take the mixture and pass it through a fine sieve. Make sure that you remove all the lumps from the mixture. The next step involves coating the potatoes. Spread the flour on a clean surface and then take all the potatoes and transfer it on the flour.
- Now, we have to stuff the potatoes with egg yolk. Hold the potato mixture firmly and make a hollow well in the center. Pour the egg yolk in the well. This is done to make a dough. Use your fingers and start kneading. Make sure that the dough should not be too sticky.
- After this, use a pizza cutter and cut the dough in ribbons. The main thing with this recipe is to give dumpling shapes to potato gnocchi. For this cut the ribbon into a rope. Take these ropes and roll them into a ball. Take these dumplings and place them on a sheet.
- Now, take these dumplings and push them against a fork. This will give them the required ridge shape. Repeat the process with the remaining dumplings.
- Finally take a large pan with salted boiling water and add the dumplings in batches. Allow them to cook until they rise to the surface.
- Transfer the gnocchi to a dish and allow them to cool. It will turn hard after cooling down. Garnish it with sage leaves and serve with ketchup, mayonnaise or chutney.