Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Serves: 2 People
Ingredients for Pineapple Fried Rice :
- cup cooked rice, preferably 1 day old
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks ( have used fresh, but can use canned too)
- 1/4 cup frozen peas and chopped carrots
- 2 shallots , thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp garlic ginger paste
- 2-3 tbsp cashews and raisins
- 1/2 tsp Soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp routine curry powder
- 4 tsp oil for stir- frying
- salt as per taste
- Fresh coriander leaves and spring onion greens for garnishing
How to Cook Pineapple Fried Rice :
The recipe calls for using at least one day old cooked rice, if using left over cooked rice, add a little oil to the rice and work through with your fingers. This is to separate the grains and to avoid them from sticking together. Set aside.
In a small bowl, mix the curry powder and soy sauce together.( I have used regular vegetarian curry powder) Drizzle 1-2 tsp oil in a wok over medium- high heat. Then fry the cashews and raisins and keep aside.
Next add chili flakes, garlic-ginger and shallots, stir fry until its fragrant. Add the carrots and peas with a little salt. Stir fry for another 1-2 minutes.
Now add the soy sauce and curry powder mixture. Mix it well. (Be careful while adding salt as the soy sauce and cooked rice already has salt.)
Next, add the rice, pineapple chunks, fried cashews and raisins. Gently stir fry to combine over medium-high heat and keep stirring for 4-5 minutes. Drizzle a little vegetable stock or water so the rice does not get completely dry.
Remove from heat. Adjust the seasoning as per taste, and squeeze lime juice on top. Top it with spring onions and coriander.
To serve, scoop rice onto a serving platter and enjoy!