Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Serves: 2 People
Ingredients for Paneer Peshewari :
- onions-2(cut into halves)
- paneer-250 grams
- ginger Garlic Paste-1 teaspoon
- Green chilli paste-of 2 chilies
- Red chillies-2
- coriander seeds -1 tablespoons
- Fresh cream-2 tablespoon(forcooking)1teaspoon(for garnishing)
- cashew paste-2 tablespoons(soaked 6-8 cashew nuts into warm water and then make a fine paste adding little bit water)
- Green cardamom-2
- bay leaf -1
- cinnamon stick -1inch
- Kasoori methi -1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder-1 teaspoon
- Curd-2 tablespoons(beaten with 1 teaspoon water)
- Green capsicum or bell pepper-1( cutintothinsliced)
- Ghee or clarified butter– 1 teaspoon
- salt to taste
- sugar-1/2 teaspoon
- Chopped coriander leaves-1/4 cup
How to Cook Paneer Peshewari :
Add 1 / 2 cup water in a heat proof bowl, bring it to boil, when the water will start boiling add halved cut onions, cook for 5 minutes on medium flame. Switch off the gas. Remove onions from heat, strain the water and grind the boiled onions to make a fine paste.
Dry roast coriander seeds and red chilli and grind to make a fine powder.
Heat oil in a pan, add bay leaf, green cardamom and cinnamon stick.
Add onions paste, fry till onions are soft and light brown.
Add ginger garlic paste and green chilies paste and cook until the raw smell of masala goes away.
Add dry roasted coriander powder and red chillies powder. Cook until oil gets separated.
Now add sliced green capsicum or bell peppers.
Add salt and sugar. Add 1/2 cup of water and bring it to boil on high flame. When water will start boiling,reduce the gas on medium. Cover with lid, cook for 3-4 minutes until gravy be semi thickened.
Open the lid, add paneer cubes,mix well with gravy
Add cashew paste, cream and the kasuri methi, garam masala powder and 1 teaspoon ghee. Cover with lid and cook for 2 minutes.
Switch off the heat, transfer into a serving bowl. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves, 1 tablespoon cream and sliced almonds or badam flakes.