Prep time: 10
Cook time: 30
Serves: 6 People
Ingredients for Paneer Pasanda :
- 1/2 kg paneer – cut into broad slices
- 2 Tbsp chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup clarified butter
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 cup hung yoghurt
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 2-3 green chillies-slit
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 2 Tbsp malai
How to Cook Paneer Pasanda :
- Heat the clarified butter in a pan and fry the pieces of paneer.
- Lift them out and set aside. In the same clarified butter, add the cumin seeds, saute a little and add the ginger.
- When the ginger turns a light brown, add the chickpea flour.
- Saute and add yoghurt, turmeric, coriander powder, salt, chilli powder, and garam masala.
- Saute over a medium heat till the fat separates.
- Add the green chillies, saute a little, then add the water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the fried pieces of paneer, simmer for about 2 minutes and serve hot, garnished with chopped coriander leaves and cream.