- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serves: 4 People
Ingredients to cook Paneer Makhani :
- Paneer/Cottage Cheese– 200gms, cubed
- Tomatoes– 5 medium, pureed
- Ginger-Garlic paste- 1 tsp
- Green Chilli– 1, minced
- Cahewnuts- 1/4 cup, soaked in 1/4 cup Milk
- Desi ghee(Clarified Butter)- 2tbsp
- Deggi mirch- 1 tsp
- Bay Leaves– 2
- Garam Masala– 1 tsp
- Kasoori Methi– 1 tsp, crushed
- Salt and little Sugar to taste
- Handful of Coriander leaves to garnish
How to cook Paneer Makhani :
Heat ghee in a heavy pan and add in the bay leaf alongwith the ginger garlic paste, saute for a minute then tip in the tomato puree, cook till thick and oil separates.
Make a paste of the cashewnuts in the processor, add to the gravy, alongwith the deggi mirch and minced green chilli.
Add salt and sugar to taste and mix well. Now tip in the paneer cubes, garam masala and kasuri methi and cook for two minutes, covered. Garnish with the coriander leaves.
Do not overcook the paneer. Serve hot with tandoori rotis, naans or butter chapatis.
Leave A Response
You must be logged in to post a comment.