Prep time: 10
Cook time: 35
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Paneer Lifafa :
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped paneer
- 1/2 cup capsicum (green pepper)
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon green chilli
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
How to Cook Paneer Lifafa :
- To prepare this yummy dish, first prepare the dough and for the same, take a dough kneading plate and add wheat flour, salt and ghee in it. Mix together and add a little water to knead a soft dough. Thereafter, cover the dough with cling film and set it aside for half an hour.
- For the filling, put a pan on medium flame and heat olive oil in it. When the oil is hot enough, add the chopped bell peppers, chopped paneer, green chillies, and mint leaves along with chaat masala powder, salt and oregano. Cook the ingredients for 2-4 minutes and transfer the mixture into a bowl. Keep aside.
- Now, remove the cling film and divide the dough into four portions. Dust a portion of the dough with some dry flour and roll into a roti. Repeat with the other portions and then put a tawa on medium flame and when its moderately hot, put the roti on it and roast from both sides. Repeat with the other rotis. Lastly, prepare the wheat paste for sealing the corners of the prepared envelopes or the lifafas. For that, take a small bowl and mix together two tablespoon of the wheat flour with water. Mix well and keep it aside.
- Take a cooked roti and add a portion of the mixture evenly in the centre and fold the roti from all four sides in order to form an envelope and seal it with wheat paste.
- Now, put a non-stick frying pan on medium flame and when its hot enough, place a paneer lifafa in it. Apply a little olive oil and roast the lifafa from both sides until it is golden brown in colour.
- Repeat the procedure with other lifafas and serve hot with green chutney and tomato ketchup. Kids will love it for sure.