Prep time: 60
Cook time: 60
Serves: 2 People
Ingredients for Palak Tofu Gravy :
- 1 bunch spinach
- 50 gm tofu
- 1 teaspoon powdered turmeric
- 1 cup tomato ketchup
- 2 green chillies
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- salt as required
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mango powder
- 2 pinches powdered black pepper
- 50 gm American corn kernels
- 2 medium tomato
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 cup virgin olive oil
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 pinches asafoetida
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- water as required
How to Cook Palak Tofu Gravy :
- To prepare this easy recipe, first grill the tofu and cut into cubes in a bowl. Keep this bowl aside until required.
- Next, wash the spinach in running water to remove any impurities in it. Once done, put a large pan over medium flame and boil spinach in water along with a few garlic pieces. When spinach is boiled, allow it to cool at room temperature. On the other hand, chop tomatoes, yellow bell peppers and chillies in separate bowls, and keep aside.
- Now, strain the spinach and add in a grinder jar. Add a few garlic cloves along with green chillies in the jar of spinach and grind to a fine paste just like you do while preparing saag.
- Now, put a saucepan on medium flame and heat oil in it. Add a little mustard seeds in it along with cumin seeds. Let them crackle for a few seconds and quickly add the chopped yellow bell pepper along with tomatoes. Saute for 2 minutes and then add corn kernels in the pan and stir to mix all the ingredients.
- Then, add all the spices in the pan along with tomato spices and cook the mixture for 2-3 minutes. Afterwards, add a little water and mix well. Finally, add the spinach paste into the pan and add the chopped tofu cubes. Stir to mix well all the ingredients and cook the gravy for 10 minutes. Once done, transfer in a bowl.