Prep time: 5
Cook time: 8
Serves: 2 People
Ingredients for Oats Khichdi :
- 1/3 Cup Qucick cooking Oats
- 1/3 Cup Moong dal (split and skinned)
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 Tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Small Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Medium Tomato, finely chopped
- 1 Small Carrot, chopped
- 45 Gram Green peas
- 3/4 tsp Ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Green Chillies, chopped
- To taste Salt
- 1/2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 2.5 Cups Water
- 1/2 Tbsp Coriander Leaves(fresh), chopped
How to Cook Oats Khichdi :
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker add oil, heat the oil add cumin seeds, let them crackle.
- Add chopped onion cook till translucent, add ginger and green chillies, cook for few more seconds.
- Add turmeric powder and red chilli powder, followed by tomatoes. Let them cook till tender.
- Add all the vegetables and rinsed moong dal along with oats. Sauté for a few seconds.
- Add water and adjust salt.
- Pressure cook for 8 minutes.
- Let the pressure settle down, open the lid.
- Serve hot garnished with chopped coriander leaves or green chillies, accompanied with yogurt.