Prep time: 5
Cook time: 30
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Neychorr :
- 2 cups rice – soaked for an hour
- 4 cardamoms
- Green chilli paste to taste
- 1 tsp garlic-ginger paste
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup onion – thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrot – finely shredded
- 2 cups coconut milk
- Salt to taste
- Onions – thinly sliced and browned crisp in ghee or oil
- Fried cashew nuts and raisins
- 4 cloves
- 1 tsp cinnamon – broken small
- 4 pepper corns
How to Cook Neychorr :
- Heat oil and add bay leaf, carrot and sliced onions. Fry till vegetables look coated with the oil.
- Add green chilli, ginger and garlic and stir-fry a few times.
- Add the drained rice, stir-fry to mix well, and add coconut milk, salt and one cup water.
- Mix and bring to a boil. Cover, lower the heat and cook till water is absorbed and rice is cooked through (10-15 minutes).
- Serve hot.