- Prep Time: 0 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serves: 5 People
Ingredients to cook Mudhi Muaa (Puffed Rice Ladoo) :
- 1 cup Jaggery (I used the Patanjali Madhuran Natural Sugar)
- 6 cups Mudhi/Puffed Rice
- 1 fistful of Peanuts (dry roasted)
- 1 fistful of Char Magaj (chiroli/Chironji) (dry roasted)
- 2-3 tsp Ghee
- 2-3 tbsp finely chopped Walnuts (my addition)
- a fistful of Raisins (my addition)
- 2 tbsp grated Chocolate (my addition)
- a pinch of Nutmeg (my addition)
How to cook Mudhi Muaa (Puffed Rice Ladoo) :
Take a wok and melt jaggery by adding 1/3 cup of water until it starts to foam/bubble.
When the bubbles start to get smaller check for consistency. Puffed rice will not bind if the jaggery syrup is over cooked.
To check out consistency of jaggery, Put a single drop of jaggery syrup in a bowl of cold water, if it dissolves in water, it means the syrup has to be cooked more.
Repeat the test after every single minute till jaggery syrup drop doesn’t dissolve in water.
Mix thoroughly by adding puffed rice. Turn off the flame and immediately add peanuts, char magaj, walnuts, raisins, grated chocolate and nutmeg. Combine to mix well.
Leave this to 2-3 minutes and grease your palms with ghee. Roll out the mixture into desired sized ladoos.
Leave these to cool for 1-2 hours. You can store these in air tight container for nearly a month.
Leave A Response
You must be logged in to post a comment.