Prep time: 5
Cook time: 15
Serves: 6 People
Ingredients for Minappa Sunnundalu :
- 1 1/2 cup roasted urad dal
- 1 tablespoon rice
- 1 cup sugar
How to Cook Minappa Sunnundalu :
- To prepare this delicacy, put a vessel over medium flame and roast the rice until it turns red in colour, then remove from the flame.
- Now dry roast the urad dal (black gram) on low flame until it leaves a nice aroma and attains a golden colour, this will take around 15-20 minutes. Keep stirring so that it does burn, turn off the flame and allow the dal to cool.
- Then blend both the things together into a fine powder along with some sugar or powdered jaggery. Once the powder is ready. Take a pan and heat it over medium flame, add some ghee and let it heat.
- To make the ground, you need to rub some ghee in your palms and roll the mixture into round ladoos. Your Minappa Sunnundalu is ready, garnish with dried coconut to accentuate the taste.