Prep time: 30
Cook time: 55
Serves: 8 People
Ingredients for Millet Fried Rice :
- 2 cup millet foxtail
- 1 cup carrot
- 2 cup spring onions
- 1 cup green beans
- 2 celery
- 1 cup capsicum (green pepper)
- 2 inch ginger
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon powdered black pepper
- salt as required
- refined oil as required
How to Cook Millet Fried Rice :
- To make this main dish recipe, place a pan over medium flame. Add foxtail millet in it along with 4 cups of water, refined oil and salt. Cover the pan and simmer the millet for about 15-20 minutes, and let it cook until the water is absorbed. Once done, turn off the flame and keep it aside to cool. Meanwhile, take a chopping board and chop the vegetables.
- Now, put another pan over high flame and add oil. Once the oil is hot enough, add chopped beans, carrots, capsicums, spring onions, celery and grated ginger in it. Saute the vegetables well for about 8-10 minutes, until they are soft and tender.
- Now, add the cooked foxtail millet along with soya sauce, black pepper, and salt. Mix the ingredients well and stir fry for a couple of minutes. Once done, remove the pan from heat and transfer the fried rice into a serving bowl.
- Serve hot.