Prep time: 15
Cook time: 60
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Methi Chaman :
- 1 kg paneer
- 1 bunch of fresh fenugreek leaves
- 2 tsp ground fennel
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 6 green cardamom
- 6 cloves
- 4 cm long cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup milk
- A pinch of asafoetida powder
- Salt to taste – approx 1 tsp
- 10 almond kernels-to garnish
- 2 tsp sultana-to garnish
How to Cook Methi Chaman :
- Cut the paneer into small cubes.
- Heat oil and deep fry for a short time till it is golden brown.
- Soak them in milk to keep them soft.
- Chop the fenugreek leaves finely and wash them in water to remove the dirt.
- Stand to remove the excess water. Heat 2 tablespoon of oil and season with asafoetida.
- Add fenugreek leaves and keep frying till aroma rises. Add the rest of the spices.
- Keep stirring till the oil starts to release. Add the paneer cubes and milk. Bring it to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer till the gravy thickens. Garnish with almond and sultana.
- Serve hot.