Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Serves: 3 People
Ingredients for Matar Ka Cheela :
- 1 cup peas
- 2 tablespoon gram flour (besan)
- 2 tablespoon rice flour
- 1 small finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 pinch powdered asafoetida
- salt as required
- 2 teaspoon refined oil
How to Cook Matar Ka Cheela :
- To make matar ka cheela, add boiled green peas to a mixer jar along with some water. Grind it to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the ground green peas puree to a bowl. To this add rice flour, gram flour, red chili powder, ginger, cumin powder, pepper powder, garam masala, hing, salt and mix well.
- Add onion, and mix well. Add required amount of water and make a batter of smooth flowing consistency. Check for salt, and add if necessary.
- Heat a tawa and grease it with oil. When the tawa is hot enough, take a ladle full of batter and spread it in a circular motion to make a circle.
- Drizzle one teaspoon of oil around the edges and at the center. Cook the cheela in a medium flame till the bottom starts becoming golden in color.
- Carefully, flip it to the other side and cook on a medium flame till it gets cooked well.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve matar ka cheela with coconut chutney or with onion tomato chutney.