Prep time: 15
Cook time: 30
Serves: 5 People
Ingredients for Mango Kadhi :
- 4 Medium Raw mango (chopped), peeled
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Rai (mustard seeds)
- 20-30 Kadhi patta (curry leaves)
- 2-3 Sabut lal mirch (whole red peppers)
- 8-10 Sabut kali mirch (peppercorns)
- 1 Cup Onions, grated
- 1 Tbsp Dhania (coriander) powder
- 3/4 tsp Garam masala
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Cup Coconut milk
- For garnish Ginger
- For garnish Hara Dhania (coriander leaves )
How to Cook Mango Kadhi :
- Cover mangoes with water and boil till well cooked.
- Process the mangoes in a liquidizer and add enough water to make upto 4 cups.
- Mix in the the dhania, garam masala, salt and sugar.
- Heat oil and add rai, kadhi patta, sabut lal mirch and kali mirch. Saute till rai splutters.
- Add the onions and stir-fry till coated with the oil mixture.
- Add the mango mixture, bring to a boil and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Serve the Mango Kadhi garnished with the hara dhania, chopped ginger.