Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Malido :
- Semolina (rawa/suji) 1 cup
- Whole wheat flour (atta) 1 cup
- Salt a pinch
- Ghee 4 – 5 tbs + to deep fry
- Milk 2 cups
- Sugar 1 1/2 cups
- Mawa (khoya) grated and lightly roasted 1 1/2 cups
- Eggs beaten 2
- Almonds blanched and slivered 8-10
- Pistachios blanched and slivered 8-10
- Raisins lightly fried 10-12
- Vanilla essence a few drops
- Jujubes for garnish
- Sugar crystals (khadi sakhar) for garnish
How to Cook Malido :
- Sieve rawa and flour along with salt. Add two tablespoons of ghee and knead to firm dough using half a cup of milk and sufficient water. Divide the dough into equal portions, roll them into thick pooris using a rolling pin, prick them lightly with a knife or a fork and deep fry in sufficient ghee till golden crisp.
- Drain onto an absorbent paper. Crush the pooris to a coarse powder while still warm. Keep aside. Combine milk with sugar and cook on low heat till sugar dissolves. Add khoya and the crushed poori and cook on low heat for three to four minutes stirring continuously, adding the remaining ghee little by little.
- Pour eggs into the above mixture in a thin stream stirring continuously. Continue to cook for ten to fifteen minutes. Add almonds, pistachios, raisins and vanilla essence and stir to mix well. Serve hot garnished with jujubes and sugar crystals.