Prep time: 5
Cook time: 50
Serves: 8 People
Ingredients for Malai Peda :
- 2 cup full cream milk
- 2 teaspoon corn flour
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered green cardamom
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
How to Cook Malai Peda :
- For making this peda recipe, combine cornflour and 1 tbsp milk in a bowl. Mix well and keep aside. Now combine saffron and 2 tsp of warm milk in a bowl. Mix well and keep this aside as well for further use.
- Then take a bowl and add 1 tbsp water in it. Add lemon juice and mix well. Now take a deep pan and boil the remaining milk on high flame for 10 minutes. Reduce the flame to medium and cook for 25 to 30 minutes or till the milk reduces to half.
- Add the saffron-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes. Now, add the cornflour-milk mixture, lemon-water mixture and powdered sugar. Mix gently till it turns to a paste.
- Transfer the paste to a plate, spread with the help of a flat spatula and keep aside to cool for 30 minutes. Add the cardamom powder and divide the mixture into 20 equal portions. Shape each portion in between your palms to a flat round and serve.