Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Makhana Kheer :
How to Cook Makhana Kheer :
- Take a pan, add ghee and heat it on low flame. Add 1 cup lotus seed pops and cashews to the pan along with almonds and roast on low flame until the seed pops turn crunchy and cashews turn golden. Keep aside for a while.
- Add milk (preferably use organic milk) to a thick bottom pan and let it boil.
- Now, reserve 1/4 of the roasted lotus seed pops, cashews and almonds mixture and add the rest of it to a blender jar and grind until it is powdered.
- Add sugar to the boiled milk according to your taste. Now, add cardamom powder, saffron, powdered lotus seed pops mixture to the milk and stir properly for a minute.
- Then, add reserved 1/4 of the lotus seed pops, cashews and almonds mixture and mix properly. Keep stirring on low flame for around 10 minutes until the pop seeds turn soft.
- Let it simmer for few more minutes. Serve hot and enjoy.