Prep time: 0
Cook time: 35
Serves: 2 People
Ingredients for Lobhia :
- 225 gm black-eyed beans (lobia) – soaked overnight
- 1 Tbsp ginger paste
- 1 Tbsp garlic paste
- 5 Tbsp oil
- 3 medium onions- finely diced
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tomatoes- peeled and chopped
- 6 Tbsp yoghurt
- 1/3 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp chopped coriander
- 200 gm mushrooms- chopped and sauteed
How to Cook Lobhia :
- Boil lobia in water until soft.
- Heat the oil and fry onions till golden.
- Add ginger and garlic paste and cook for a minute.
- Add coriander powder and cumin powder, followed by tomatoes.
- Cook until soft.
- Add yoghurt, chilli powder, garam masala and salt.
- Now add cooked beans to the pan.
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, lemon juice and sauteed mushrooms.