Prep time: 15
Cook time: 45
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Litti Chokha :
Litti dough :
- 2 cups atta
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Litti filling :
- 1 cup sattu
- 1 medium red onion
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 1 green chili
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons pickle masala
- 3/4 teaspoon ajwain
- 1/2 teaspoon kalonji
- 1/2 teaspoon amchur
- around 1.5 tablespoons water to wet the filling a little
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 medium potatoes
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 green chili
- 1 tablespoon mustard oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
How to Cook Litti Chokha :
Make Litti :
- In a bowl take atta and add salt to it and then add 2 tablespoons of oil and mix.
- Add water little by little to knead to a smooth dough. Let it rest while you make the filling.
- For the filling , add sattu to a bowl. To this add finely chopped onion, grated ginger & garlic, green chili, chopped cilantro, kalonji, ajwain, amchur and salt.
- Add pickle masala and mix. Also add few tablespoons of water to make it little damp. Filling should be powdery but shouldn’t feel too dry.
- Divide dough into 8-10 equal parts. Roll each dough into a circle.
- Put 2-3 teaspoons of sattu filling in the center.
- Start sealing the edges from one end and pinch the center to seal the dough ball completely.
- Roll it between your palms to make it smooth. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Place the littis on a baking sheet and brush them with little oil.
- Bake at 400 F degrees for 40-45 minutes or till evenly browned. Flip the littis 2-3 times in between to make sure it’s evenly cooked.
Make Chokha :
- Roast eggplant and tomato on direct fire on low heat for 20-25 minutes till out skin gets charred and they are juicy from inside. Also roast the garlic cloves.
- Remove charred skin of eggplant and tomatoes, add them to a bowl and mash them.
- Add boiled mashed potato, chopped roasted garlic, chopped ginger, chopped green chili and salt. Also add chopped cilantro and mustard oil.
- Mix everything together till well combined. Chokha is done.