Prep time: 5
Cook time: 20
Serves: 2 People
Ingredients for Laksa Pulao :
- 300 gm fresh French beans
- 50 gm almonds
- 500 gm basmati rice
- 60 gm desi ghee (clarified butter)
- 30 gm laksa leaves, chopped
- 20 gm fresh turmeric, chopped
- 20 gm ginger, chopped
- 20 gm garlic, chopped
- 40 gm onion, chopped
- 3-4 fresh green chilli, chopped
- A pinch of pepper powder for seasoning
- A pinch of salt for seasoning
- Sliced golden fried onions
- Slit green chilli
- Chopped laksa leaves
How to Cook Laksa Pulao :
- Clean the french beans and boil until tender. Remove and place them into ice water to maintain crispiness and color.
- Blanch the almonds and then peel and slit them in half from the center.
- Clean and the soak the rice in water for 20 minutes.
- Heat the desi ghee in a pan, add the garlic, onion, ginger, saute till onions are translucent.
- Add fresh turmeric and green chilli and stir fry. Add the beans and laksa leaves. Cook till beans are done.
- Season with salt and pepper powder.
- Take a flat, thick bottomed pan, add oil and heat it to saute the rice for a minute. Add 500 ml of water, the sauteed vegetables, almonds and some chopped laksa leaves.
- Spoon the pulao onto a platter, garnish with fried onions and green chilli. Serve hot with raita.