Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 12 mins
Serves: 3 People
Ingredients for Lajjatdar Paneer :
- 1 cup paneer (cottagte cheese) cubes
- 1/2 cup fresh thick curds (dahi) , whisked
- 1 1/2 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 cup grated onions
- 1 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera) powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh cream
- 3/4 cup boiled green peas
- 1/2 tsp sugar
To Be Ground Into A Smooth Paste (using A Little Water)
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds (khus-khus) , soaked in 1/4 cup of water for 2 hours
- 2 green chillies , roughly chopped
- 4 cloves (laung / lavang)
- 2 garlic (lehsun) cloves
- 25 mm (1”) piece ginger (adrak)
- 2 cardamoms
How to Cook Lajjatdar Paneer :
- Combine the paneer and curds in a bowl and mix lightly. Keep aside to marinade for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared paste, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the coriander powder, cumin seeds powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the fresh cream and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the green peas and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the marinated curd-paneer mixture, mix lightly and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with parathas.