Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 60 mins
Serves: 2 People
Ingredients for Lagan Nu Custard :
- Oven temp: 350 F-180 C
- 5 Cups Milk, full cream
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 6 Green cardamoms
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg (powdered together with the cardamoms)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1/4 Cup Almonds (slivered), blanched
- 1/4 Cup Chironji/charoli nuts
- 4 Eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1/2 Cup Cream
- A generously buttered oven proof serving dish
- A few blobs of butter to top the custard
- To decorate Nuts
How to Cook Lagan Nu Custard :
- Cook milk and sugar together, to reduce it to half the amount.
- Add half the spice powder, half the nuts and the vanilla and mix well and cool.
- Mix the cream into the milk and beat the mixture into the beaten eggs.
- Transfer into the prepared dish, sprinkle the rest of the nuts and spices, and the blobs of butter and bake in the pre heated oven for 1/2 an hour (a skewer inserted should come out clean).
- Should be brown on top.
- Cool and chill. You can also decorate with nuts.
- Cut into squares and serve.