Prep time: 40
Cook time: 60
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Lachha Paratha :
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
How to Cook Lachha Paratha :
- To prepare this easy recipe, take a large bowl and mix together maida, salt, sugar and 1 tablespoon of ghee.
- Next, add a little water and knead the mixture into a smooth dough. Cover the bowl and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Once done, divide the dough into 4 equal portions and roll them into balls.
- Now, take one ball and dust with some flour.
- Then roll into a chapati by using a rolling pin and sprinkle some flour over it.
- Now, make pleats by folding with the help of fingers.
- After that, it looks like a paper fan.
- Now, stretch the pleated dough.
- Then, roll the pleated dough like a Swiss roll.
- Make other balls like this. Meanwhile, place a non-stick tawa over medium flame.
- Now, take one Swiss roll shaped ball and dust with some flour. Then roll the ball into a round paratha like chapatti by using a rolling pin.
- Once the tawa becomes hot enough, place this round paratha on it and cook until turns brown colour.
- Apply some oil on the top of the paratha. Then flip the paratha and apply oil on the other side as well. Cook paratha well from both sides.
- Now lachha paratha is ready and serve hot with any curry of your choice. Enjoy!