Prep time: 15
Cook time: 15
Serves: 8 People
Ingredients for Kudumulu :
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chana dal
- 1 pinch cumin
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ghee
- 1/4 cup grated coconut
How to Cook Kudumulu :
- Soak the rice for two hours, then drain the water after washing it thoroughly. Then dry using a cloth.
- Once the rice is completely dry, put it in the blender and grind it to a coarse mix, you can make it coarse or fine as per your preference.
- Then wash the channa dal (senaga pappu), then soak it in lukewarm water for 10 mins and keep it aside.
- Take a pan and heat it on medium flame and add ghee.the put the soaked dal and stir for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour some water and add a pinch of salt. Then add 1/2 cup rice flour slowly and keep stirring. Ensure no lumps are formed. Stir until the water evaporates, make sure that the flame is low and the mix doesn’t burn.
- Cover it with a lid so that the mixture is completely dried and cooked in steam. Then open the lid and add grated coconut and again cover it for 10 minutes.
- Then transfer it to a plate. In the meantime grease your palms and dip your fingers in the bowl of water. And make round balls of it.
- Take a pressure cooker or a steamer, heat some water and then place an idli making utensil inside it and put the Kudumulu balls on it and let it steam for a while. Once it is cooked well, turn off the flame and take the kudumulu balls out and let it cool. Serve it on a plate and offer it to the deities.