Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 60 mins
Serves: 5 People
Ingredients for Kozhikodan Biryani :
- 1 kg chicken legs (small pieces)
- 400 gm rice
- 600 ml water (the water is 1.5 times more than the quantity of rice)
- 6 green cardamoms
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 javitri
- 10 gm fennel seeds
- 200 gm onion
- 80 gm tomatoes
- 20 gm green chilli
- 50 gm ginger
- 50 gm garlic
- 50 gm red chilli powder
- 50 gm coriander
- 30 gm mint
- 5 gm turmeric
- Salt to taste
- 15 gm garam masala
- 60 ml oil
- 4 eggs, boiled
- 30 gm butter
How to Cook Kozhikodan Biryani :
- Pour oil into the pot, add whole spices into it and stir a while.
- Put crushed onions, julienne of green chillies and ginger.
- Now add ginger & garlic paste, mint, coriander and stir.
- Add turmeric, red chilli and fennel powder.
- Now add pieces of chicken, chopped tomatoes, water and butter.
- When chicken is almost cooked, add rice and salt.
- Cover and simmer it for a while till done.
- Cut each egg into four then garnish on the rice.