Prep time: 10
Cook time: 50
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Kimami Sewaiyan :
- 1 cup vermicelli
- 1 cup khoya
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 200 gm ghee
- 1 teaspoon green cardamom
- 1 cup lotus seed
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoon coconut
How to Cook Kimami Sewaiyan :
- To begin making Kimami Sewai recipe, heat a pan on low flame and roast dry sewai (vermicelli) till it turns dark brown. Keep it aside. Make sure to avoid over-roasting the delicate sewai.
- In the same pan, heat ghee and fry the fox nuts/makhana till it gets crunchy. It will take5 to 6 minutes on low medium heat.
- After 5 to 6 minutes, add dry fruits and saute it for about 2 minutes. Lastly, add dried coconut as it burns quickly, be very careful. Fry altogether and keep aside.
- In a deep pan, add sugar, khoya, milk, water and mix it well. Put it on the flame and keep stirring till the first boil. Slow down the flame to cook the sugar syrup till it gets thicker and you feel heavy while stirring.
- Add 1/2 cup water or milk to the thick syrup and give another boil.
- Add roasted sewai, dry fruits, makhana, coconut mixture and cook on a slow flame for about 4-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle green cardamom powder and mix well. Cover the lid and leave for 10 minutes. Switch off the heat, give it a mix and garnish with almonds, cashews and raisins.