Cook time: 40
Serves: 2 People
Ingredients for Kesari Sabudana Khichdi :
- 440 Gram Sabudana (before soaking)
- 450 Ml Water
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 3-4 Curry leaves
- 1/2 Tbsp Ginger, grated
- 2 Green chillies, finely chopped
- 2 Medium Potatoes (cubed), peeled
- 1/2 tsp Saffron
- 1/2 Cup Peanuts (crushed), roasted
- As per taste Sendha namak (rock salt)
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Lemon juice
- For garnishing Coriander leaves
- For garnishing Lemon wedges
How to Cook Kesari Sabudana Khichdi :
- Place Sabudana in a colander and wash under cold tap water until clear water appears. This takes off most of the starch and prevents sticking.
- In a big wide bowl soak sabudana by adding just enough water to cover them. Just 1/4 inch more than sabudana level.
- Soak covered for 5-6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Sabudana will fluff up after soaking.
- Drain off excess water if any before cooking.
- Add oil to a heavy bottom non stick pan.
- Once warm, add in the cumin seeds.
- Add in the cubed potatoes and cook on a low flame until tender, flipping it occasionally.
- Now add in the curry leaves, ginger, chopped chilies and cook for a minute more.
- Meantime, add in sugar, salt, crushed roasted peanuts and lemon juice to the sabudana bowl and mix well.
- Now add the coated sabudana to the pan, mix everything well and cook until the sabudana are a bit translucent and well coated.
- Add saffron and keep stirring occasionally.
- Add coriander garnish and topped with lemon wedge.