Prep time: 10
Cook time: 40
Serves: 2 People
Ingredients for Kesari Modak :
- 200 Gram Rice flour
- 150 Ml Water
- A pinch of Salt
- 30 Gram Ghee
- 150 Gram Coconut, grated
- 150 Gram Jaggery
- 2 Gram Cardamom powder
- 20 Gram Cashewnut, roasted
- 15 Gram Raisins
- 1 Gram Saffron
How to Cook Kesari Modak :
- Boil water, add a pinch of salt along with a teaspoon of ghee, saffron, and pour the rice flour.
- Cover with the damp cloth and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- In a pan, add ghee then add grated coconut and jaggery.
- Mix everything well. Finally add cardamom powder, roasted cashewnuts and raisins.
- Take dough, wet hands with water and oil to knead into a soft dough.
- Now start to put ball into small bowl size shape, stuff the filling and start to make plates around stuffing.
- Gather all plates at the center of stuffing and seal edges.
- Keep the modaks covered with the wet cloth as they can dry out.
- Heat up 1 inch of water in idly cooker and place a banana leaf, put modaks on top of it.
- Steam for 10 minutes over medium heat.