Prep time: 10
Cook time: 40
Serves: 8 People
Ingredients for Kesari Bhaat :
- 4 strand saffron
- 3 cup basmati rice
- 1 teaspoon powdered green cardamom
- 3 tablespoon ghee
- 1 cup sugar
- 7 cup water
- 3 tablespoon cashews
- 70 gm mishri
- 3 tablespoon raisins
How to Cook Kesari Bhaat :
- Soak the rice for half an hour in a bowl.
- Meanwhile, place a pan on medium flame and heat ghee in it. Add raisins and cashew nuts, fry them, and keep aside.
- Now add rice to the same pan and stir fry the rice. Meanwhile, dissolve saffron with warm water in a bowl.
- Add 7 cups of water and saffron water to the stir-fried rice. Cook the rice until its half done.
- Then add sugar to the rice. Stir and cook again till all the water is absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- Add cardamom powder to the rice and mix well. Garnish with fried raisins, cashew nuts and sugar crystals.