Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Kerala Fish Curry :
- 250 Gram White fish (cut into cubes)
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 Medium Tomato
- 6-8 Garlic cloves
- 2 Fresh green chillies (deseeded), sliced
- 6 Tbsp Oil
- 1/2 Cup Fresh coconut paste
- 1/4 tsp Red chilli paste
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Whole dry red chillies
- 1/2 tsp Black mustard seeds
- 8-10 Curry leaves
- 1/2 Cup Tamarind extract
- 1 Cup Water
How to Cook Kerala Fish Curry :
- Make a paste of onion, tomatoes, garlic and green chillies.
- Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add coconut paste and cook until golden brown.
- Add dry spices and cook for about 3 minutes, keep stirring.
- Remove from heat and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in another saucepan.
- Add whole red chillies, curry leaves and mustard seeds.
- Fry until the seeds start spluttering.
- Add onion paste and fry until brown.
- Add the cooked coconut paste, tamarind extract and a cup of water.
- Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Add fish pieces and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with boiled rice.