- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Serves: 4 People
Ingredients to cook Kashmiri Paneer Chaman :
- Paneer – 250 grams
- Tomato puree – 1 cup
- Kashmiri Red Chilli powder – 2 teaspoons
- Hing or Asafoetida – 1 pinch
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Fennel powder – 2 teaspoons
- Dry Ginger powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam Masala – 1 teaspoon
- Ghee – 1 teaspoon
- Bay Leaf – 1
- Black cardamon – 2
- Green Cardamom – 4
- Cinnamon stick – 1
- Oil – 5 tablespoons (Preferably MustardOil)
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
How to cook Kashmiri Paneer Chaman :
Cut the paneer into thick rectangular pieces.
In a wok add 5 tablespoons oil. Shallow fry paneer pieces from both the sides till light brown.
Keep them aside.
Add hing, then splutter black cardamom, green cardamom, bay leaf and cinnamon.
Add tomato puree, salt, red chilli powder, dry ginger powder.
Cook till the masala leaves oil from the sides.
Add paneer to the masala.
Now add some fennel powder.
Now add 1/2 cup water.
Mix well and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add garam masala powder, ghee, cover with lid.
Allow to cook for 2 minutes.
Turn off the gas, garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Enjoy it with hot steamed rice or any indian bread.
Leave A Response
You must be logged in to post a comment.