Prep time: 10
Cook time: 30
Serves: 2 People
Ingredients for Kappa (Tapioca) :
- 2 Tapioca (cubed)
- To cook tapioca Water
- Little Salt
- 1 Coconut
- 1 Cumin seeds
- 2 Garlic
- 1-2 Green chilli
- 1/4-1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- To taste Salt
- Enough to grind into a coarse paste Water
- 2 Tbsp Coconut oil/Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 3 Small Onions, finely chopped
- 3 Red dry whole chilli
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
How to Cook Kappa (Tapioca) :
- Peel off the skin from the tapiocas, cut into cubes, wash under running water.
- Boil the tapiocas along with water and little salt until it turns tender and well cooked.
- Drain the water and keep aside.
- In a blender, grind the mentioned “to grind ingredients” to a coarse paste.
- In a large saucepan, add the cooked tapiocas and the ground paste.
- Cook for about 5-10 minutes, until the gravy starts to thicken and is combined well.
- If you want you could slightly mash the tapiocas using a wooden spoon.
- Remove from the heat and keep aside covered.
- Heat a small pan over medium heat, add oil.
- When the oil gets hot, add mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Add the chopped small onions and saute for a few minutes.
- Add dry red chilies and curry leaves, saute till onions have turned brown.
- Pour this tempering onto the cooked tapioca.
- Keep the tapioca covered for sometime so that the flavors from the tempering will get into the dish.
- Serve warm along with your favorite fish curry.