Prep time: 10
Cook time: 30
Serves: 6 People
Ingredients for Kanda Batata Poha :
- 3 cup brown rice poha
- 4 green chilli
- 2 potato
- 1 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 6 curry leaves
- salt as required
- 1 1/2 teaspoon powdered turmeric
- 5 tablespoon roasted peanuts
- 2 onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 5 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoon peas
- 5 tablespoon grated coconut
- 2 tablespoon coriander leaves
How to Cook Kanda Batata Poha :
- Start by washing the poha in a strainer under running water. Once done, transfer it to a large bowl and sprinkle turmeric powder along with salt over it. Mix well and keep it aside. Now, place a pan over full flame and once the pan is hot enough, dry roast the peanuts till they have a crunchy texture. This may take a minute or two. Keep them aside.
- Meanwhile, place a large pan over medium flame and add oil in it. Once the oil is hot enough add the chopped potato slices to it and fry till they turn golden brown and a little crisp from all the sides. Transfer them to a separate bowl and in the same pan pour mustard seeds and let them splutter. After a minute add cumin seeds along with chopped onion and peas. Saute till the onions and peas appear cooked.
- Add curry leaves to the pan along with sliced green chilies and roasted peanuts. Saute for sometime and then add fried potatoes to it along with poha. Mix really well and after a 2 minutes lower the flame and cover the pan with a lid. Allow it to simmer for 7-8 minutes over low flame.
- Remove the lid after 7-8 minutes and garnish it with coriander leaves and grated coconut. Mix all of them together and turn off the gas knob. Your Kanda Batata Poha is now ready. Transfer them to a large serving bowl and serve hot along with a tomato ketchup.