Prep time: 15
Cook time: 45
Serves: 2 People
Ingredients for Kanchkolar Kofta :
- 4-5 Nos Raw banana
- 2 Nos Potato (boiled)
- 4 Tbsp Gram flour
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- To taste Salt
- 1 Cup Oil
- 2 Onion
- 1 tsp Garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 2 Nos Tomato, chopped
- 5 Tbsp Mustard oil
- 2 Nos Bay leaf
- 4 Nos Cloves
- 4 Nos Cardamom
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Lal mirch
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- To taste Salt
- 4 Tbsp Coriander seeds
- 2 Dry red chilli
- 2 Tbsp Cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp Fennel seeds
- 1 tsp Fenugreek seeds
- 2 Black cardamom
How to Cook Kanchkolar Kofta :
- Dry roast the dry whole spices.Then dry grind these spices in a mixer to a coarse powder. Set aside in a bowl.
- Wash the raw bananas. Pressure cooks them along with potatoes, peel the skin of the bananas and the potatoes. Gently mash them together.
- Add cumin powder and 2–3 teaspoon of masala powder prepared.
- Add gram flour and combine everything together to make a smooth dough-like paste.
- Now divide this mixture into small balls.
- Heat oil and deep-fry the koftas.
Prepare the gravy:
- Make a paste of onion, ginger, garlic and a teaspoon of mustard oil.
- Heat mustard oil in a heavy bottom pan. Add bay leaf and sugar, let the sugar melt and caramelize for about a minute.
- Add cloves, crushed cardamom and the onion–ginger paste. Keep on stir frying.
- Stir in red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and the remaining masala powder.
- Add finely chopped tomato and sprinkle some water. Stir for 4-5 minutes.
- If oil leaves the sides of the pan, the masala is ready.
- Add 3-4 cups of water now. Cover and let it simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the fried vegetable koftas and cover the pan with a lid. Let it cook for a minute or two.
- Add about 1 teaspoon of ghee and 1/2 teaspoon garam masala, stir and let it rest for a minute or two.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve kanchkolar kofta curry hot with roti or rice.