Prep time: 15
Cook time: 30
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Kaddu ka Halwa :
- 3 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 handful mixed dry fruits
- 2 teaspoon melon seeds
- 4 green cardamom
- 2 tablespoon ghee
How to Cook Kaddu ka Halwa :
- To prepare this delicious treat, take the mixed dry fruits and chop them up. Now, take the pumpkin and peel it. Using a clean chopping board, chop the peeled pumpkin into small cubes, the smaller the better.
- Now, take a pressure cooker over low flame and heat the ghee in it. When the ghee is hot enough, add the chopped pumpkin to it and saute it for 10 minutes, till it starts releasing water. Then, add more water and stir. Close the lid and pressure cook it for 4-5 whistles.
- When the pressure settles down, open the lip and check the consistency of the pumpkin. They should be mushy, if its not, then, close the lid and cook it for a couple of minutes. When the pumpkin is done, take off the lid and let it simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Next, add the sugar and cardamom to the pressure cooker and stir until the mixture starts to thicken. The consistency should be like a puree and the water should be reduced to half. When that is done, add the melon seeds along with the chopped dry fruits and cook for another minute.
- When the halwa is done, transfer it to a serving bowl and garnish with either melon seeds or chopped dry fruits. Serve warm or cold, according to preference and enjoy!