Prep time: 10
Cook time: 30
Serves: 12 People
Ingredients for Jhangora ki Kheer :
- 3 cup barnyard millet
- 3 quart milk
- 5 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoon kewra essence
- 1 tablespoon cashews
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 tablespoon raisins
How to Cook Jhangora ki Kheer :
- To start with, take a deep bottomed pan and add milk to it. Let the milk boil over medium flame.
- Once the milk is boiled, add millets to the pan. Cook this mixture and keep stirring to avoid lumps.
- Stir in sugar in thus mixture and cook again in order to let the sugar dissolve. Finally add kewra essence to the pan and stir well.
- Remove from flame and transfer in a bowl. Refrigerate the bowl for approx 2 hours.