Prep time: 20
Cook time: 40
Serves: 8 People
Ingredients for Jaggery Rice :
- 400 gm basmati rice
- 100 gm ghee
- 1 1/2 teaspoon green cardamom
- 4 clove
- 2 tablespoon flaked almonds
- 4 cup water
How to Cook Jaggery Rice :
- To prepare this delicious dessert, first wash the rice 4-5 times and soak for about 15-20 minutes. Then put a deep-bottomed pan on medium flame and add water in it. Bring it to a boil and add soaked rice in it along with cloves. Let the rice cook until they are tender and firm. When the rice are cooked, drain the water properly.
- Now, put a saucepan on medium flame and melt ghee in it. When the ghee is hot enough, add the jaggery powder. If you do not have jaggery powder available, you can simply cut the jaggery in pieces and add it in the pan. This will take a little longer time, but will give you the same taste.
- When the jaggery has melted completely, add the green cardamom powder along with clove rice. Mix rice well with the melted jaggery, this will turn the colour of the rice a little brownish. Now, slower the flame and cover the pan with a lid, and let the rice cook for about 5-8 minutes.
- Garnish with flaked almonds and nuts of your choice.