Prep time: 10
Cook time: 30
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Handvo :
- 1 medium bottle gourd
- 3 Tbsp coriander chopped
- 3-4 green chillies finely chopped
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 3 tsp soda bi-carb
- 1 tsp each urad and channa dal
- 1 tsp each cumin and mustard seeds
- 4-5 Tbsp oil
- salt to taste
For grinding together:
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup yellow moong dal
How to Cook Handvo :
- Take butter milk in a large vessel.
- Add salt, soda and flour, mix well.
- Keep it aside for 6-7 hours.
- Grate bottle gourd and squeeze out excess water.
- Then add gourd, coriander and green chillies.
- Heat oil in a pan, add urad & channa dals, and seeds.
- Allow to splutter, pour half in the batter and mix it thoroughly.
- Put it in a greased oven proof deep container.
- Pour remaining seasoning on top.
- Place in a preheated oven at 280oC for 10 minutes.
- Reduce to 200 C or 180 C for 40 minutes or till done.
- Check by inserting a skewer, which should come out clean.
- Slice into wedges and serve hot.