Prep time: 15
Cook time: 25
Serves: 4 People
Ingredients for Ham Croquettes :
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 litre milk
- 2 egg
- 100 gm breadcrumbs
- nutmeg as required
- 150 gm ham
- salt as required
How to Cook Ham Croquettes :
- To prepare this crispy appetizer, first, take a medium sized pan and place it on high flame. Then, pour and heat oil in it. Once the oil is hot enough, turn the flame off. Then, add flour in the pan and stir until it becomes a paste.
- Now, place the pan on medium-low flame and pour milk in it. Then, stir properly until the mixture has a good consistency.
- Next, add nutmeg and cooked ham in the pan. Also, add salt as required. Stir the mixture until thick and then transfer it to a bowl. Your croquette mixture is ready, keep aside and let it cool down.
- Meanwhile, take a medium sized bowl and beat 2 eggs in it and keep aside.
- Once the croquette mixture(step 3) is cool, cut it in equal pieces and give them an oval shape.
- Now, dip the croquette pieces in the beaten eggs(step 4) properly. Make sure that they dip completely.
- Next, cover them with a layer of breadcrumbs.
- Now, take a medium sized deep-bottomed pan and place it on high-medium flame. Then, heat and pour olive oil in it. Now, properly fry each croquette in it until they become golden-brown. Once done, transfer them to an absorbent paper.
- Lastly, place the croquette pieces in a serving dish and serve fresh.