Prep time: 10
Cook time: 25
Serves: 2 People
Ingredients for Gulkand Seviyan Kheer :
- 2 tsp Ghee
- 1 Tbsp Cashews (halved)
- 1 Cup Seviyan (vermicelli, thin)
- 3-4 Cups Low-fat milk
- 1 Tbsp Gulkand
- 1 Tbsp Saffron
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Rose essence
How to Cook Gulkand Seviyan Kheer :
- Fry the cashews in a heavy-bottom pan in 1 tsp of ghee on medium-low heat. Keep them aside for garnishing.
- In the same pan, add remaining ghee and vermicelli. Roast them stirring gently for 5 minutes on medium heat. If you are using roasted vermicelli then only cook them for a minute in the ghee.
- Add milk, gulkand, half of the cashews, raisins and saffron and bring it to a gentle boil. Add sugar and cook on medium low heat for another 10-15 minutes.
- If the kheer looks thick, add some more milk to it. Add rose essence, stir well and turn the heat off.
- Serve hot.